Tangy barbecue sauce and tender chicken combine for a classic dish any time of year. This recipe is easily made in the oven and using foil makes cleanup effortless. Chicken is America’s favorite meat and grew in popularity after WWII; during the war years, the government encouraged chicken as an alternative to beef, which was being rationed. This simple recipe makes barbecue chicken easy to make at home, any time of the year.
Recipe Servings: 4
- Heat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with foil.
- Combine salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and season well with garlic powder mixture.
- Arrange chicken skin-side down in a single layer, evenly apart. Bake 25 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, bring barbecue sauce to a simmer in small saucepan on medium high heat. Stir regularly 20-25 minutes until reduced by half.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes and then brush with more barbecue sauce.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes more, until darkened in spots.
- Serve chicken with remaining sauce.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2020 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.